Congratulations! You've received an offer of employment with the ANWSD, or have agreed to volunteer your time with our youths. Thank you!
Before you begin working with the district, there are a few things you will need to complete:
- Background Checks: In an effort to protect our students and children from exploitation and abuse, state law authorizes (and, in some cases, require) school districts to conduct a series of background checks on prospective employees, student teachers, contractors, and volunteers. A member of the District Office staff will contact these individuals with the paperwork required to complete the background checks, which may include any or all of the following:
- Reference checks
- A Vermont Criminal Information Center check
- A fingerprint-supported FBI check
- Registry checks with the VT Dept for Children and Families; VT Dept of Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living; VT Sex Offender Registry; and/or National Sex Offender Registry
- A licensing check, vocation-specific and/or Vermont Educator disciplinary action checks
- A Vermont Department of Motor Vehicle check and/or drug testing (as applicable)
Although in certain cases, individuals may begin working with our district prior to the background check process being completed, their continued employment is contingent on acceptable check results. Every effort must be made to complete these checks in a timely manner.
2. Employment Paperwork with the Benefits & Payroll Coordinator: The Benefits & Payroll Coordinator will contact individuals with the required forms and paperwork prior to their first day of work.